The inaugural GDP Bikeathlon will be a 12 Hour Bikeathlon in aid of GBC Open Day and Little Smiles Charity.
Participants can register either as part of a team or as individuals. The following are the categories for this event:
-Competitive (4 individuals per team, each having to cycle 3 hours)
-Casual (Maximum of 10 participants)
-Individuals (for those who would like to take on the challenge of riding for 12 hours)
Any type of bike is welcome; however, E-Bikes are only allowed for the Casual Category. Redibikes will be provided by the Ministry of Transport, free of charge, for those individuals or teams that do not own a bike.
The event will take place inside HM Naval Base and the registration fee is £20 per person. All monies raised will go towards the selected charities.
Prizes will be available for:
1- Competitive Team with the most KMs done during the event.
2-Individual with the most KMs done during the event.
All of the above challenges are optional.
1. Casual Team - 10 Members Max
2. Competitive Team - 4 Members Max
- Event Number Cards can be collected from HM Naval Base Security Post as from 08:00hrs on Friday 13th September 2019.
- Event starts at 09:00hrs on Saturday 14th September 2019 and entry into HM Naval Base will be allowed as from 07:00hrs.
- In order to gain access into HM Naval Base, you must present your voucher with proof of ID.
- Vehicles will not be allowed to enter HM Naval Base.
- All proceeds will go towards both selected charities.
- No refunds will be given for cancelations or no show.
- Children over the age of 14 years will only be allowed to participate accompanied by their parent(s) / guardian (s) and they must also be participating in the event.
- Adults will be categorised as individuals aged 17 and over.
- No E-Bikes will be allowed to participate in Competitive Categories.
- All individuals will be security vetted and purchase of this voucher will be taken as authority for the GDP to conduct a security vetting for all applicants.
- Participation may be denied if the security vetting highlights any security concerns that may put the event or participants at risk. If this occurs, monies will not be refunded.
- GBC will be covering the event for publication in this year’s GBC Open Day television event, those having any objections to be filmed by GBC or any other media is to highlight this by emailing us at email@example.com, prior to the event.
- Participants are to abide by the marshal’s commands during the event and not deviate from the demarcated route. Participants trespassing into restricted areas may be subject to prosecution by the Gibraltar Defence Police.
- The MoD will not make themselves liable for any injuries or damage/loss of personal property during the charity event; however, first aid will be provided by St John’s Ambulance.
- Individuals in the competitive teams must ride a minimum of 3 hours.
- For inquiries, please contact Nathan Victory on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.